The Retreat providers have over 30 years experience in International Birth!
Our center offers a range of programs in order to welcome all types of individuals. Whether you would like to gain strength and flexibility, or bring clarity to your day-to-day life, we offer a program that will enhance your active lifestyle.
Is it legal to have my baby in the United States?
The US Constitution, 14th Amendment, guarantees citizenship to all born within the USA regardless of the parents nationality.
What do I need to legally enter the United States?
- You will need the normal documentation such as your Passport, Visa and possibly proof of economic solvency (this shows you have enough money to cover all cost of the trip and your delivery here, we can provide a receipt to aide in this process if desired). See US Visitor Visa Information
- It is important to be honest, travel on a tourist Visa, accept no United States social services, and pay all bills in full to assure retaining your personal Visa.
How long does it take to receive all my baby’s legal documents so we may return home?
- Generally it takes about 10 – 14 days, to receive your legal birth certificate, which may be obtained at the El Paso County Vital Records for $23.00 USD
- Once you have a certified copy of your baby’s birth certificate you can go to the USD Passport Agency and apply for an expedited passport which may take a few days. http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/information/where-to-apply/agencies/el-paso.html
- You will also receive, from us, a gift birth certificate (not legal) with your baby’s foot prints, copies of all costs paid in full and any other documentation that may aide in your return home.
How may I register for birthing services
Maintain a healthy life style and normal pregnancy
Obtain copies of necessary current lab work (additional cost if they are done here)
- Standard Prenatal Panel including
- Blood type, RH Factor
- Indirect Coombs
- Hepatitis B Surface Antigen
- Rubella IgG
- Gonorrhea/Chlamydia Cultures
- Any previous Ultrasounds
Extended Stay Accommodations El Paso, Texas – West Side, Central City
- Extended Stay America – http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/tx/el-paso/west
- In Town Suites – http://www.intownsuites.com/extended-stay-locations/texas/el-paso/el-paso
- Residence Inn Marriot – http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/elpri-residence-inn-el-paso/
Midwives must disclose to their prospective clients the following information; The midwife’s statistics of clinical experience, an expiration date of license, expiation dates of CPR & neonatal resuscitation, that she meets continuing education requirements and what her medical backup arrangements are. Please review our midwives’ personal Disclosure Statements in their individual bios in Our Midwives as each is different.
Financial Disclosure & Payments
This fee for midwifery care includes all prenatal care, delivery and postpartum care of the mother and baby regardless of when registration occurs. Additional fees may apply for lab work, ultrasound, Rhogam, childbirth education classes, doula services, newborn screening, birth and water birth kits, placental encapsulation, and outside medical services.
The Retreat and many of it’s providers use an insurance billing company. If you have an health insurance carrier, a verification of benefits be done prior to delivery. We are happy to try and work with you however, as each carrier is different, you may need to pay the cash prices listed below and be reimbursed by your insurance provider after the delivery.
All fees to your midwife, your doula or other services you choose may be paid by credit card, Paypal and/or cash in US dollars
The Retreat has two comfortable birth suites that offer the perfect setting for your holistic birth. Our approved midwives will help you to work through your labor with the support of your own personal doula which has proven to give the best outcomes for you and your baby.
The following fees are approximate and based on insurance billing and credit card payment, cash discounts may apply for birth suites.
Birth Suites Fees
Stay based on 24 hour day, Price USD
1st Day, $2250.00
2nd Day, $950.00
Other Service Fees
Directly paid to the provider, Price USD
Licensed Midwife, $2500.00
Certified Doula, $500.00
Pre registration is advisable as The Retreat has limited space and books its space well in
advance. We will make every effort to accommodate late arrivals but cannot guarantee that we have space or midwives available, please message or phone ahead.
Please see our complete list of providers in birth services, prices may vary depending on circumstance and individual providers.
If you have questions or concerns please contact us.
The Retreat Maternity Services is not a hospital, it is a Texas licensed free standing birth center, where independent licensed midwives who have been approved for to practice in The Retreat. These midwives have contractual and legal requirements to provide services in The Retreat in accordance with state licensing, regulating agencies, and birth center guidelines. Our midwives are not doctors and serve normal pregnancies.
I understand that in the unlikely event I or my baby would need transfer to a hospital (<5%), my doula and/or midwife may go with me to the hospital and continue my support care only. I will be responsible for any and all outside costs and fees including the ambulance, doctors, hospital, etc.
All clients who are not fluent in English, or who are hearing impaired must be accompanied by a fluent English translator that can accompany the client through all of her care including the birth.
Self Assessment Questionnaire
- Do you have HIV?
- Do you have Hepatitis?
- Do you have medicated diabetes?
- Do you have thyroid disease?
- Do you abuse drugs or alcohol?
- Do you have asthma?
- Do you have seizures?
- Do you have or have you had cancer including cervical?
- Have you had a stillbirth or baby die at less than 1 month age?
- Have you had a baby with genetic disorders?
- Have you had significant vaginal bleeding in this pregnancy?
- Do you have a placenta previa in the last month of this pregnancy?
- Do you have severe psychiatric illness?
- Do you have cardiovascular disease?
- Are you RH or other blood group iso immunized
- Does your baby have any known malformations?
- Do you been diagnosed with too much or not enough amniotic fluid?
- Will you be under the age of 15 years at the time of delivery?
- Have you had previous uterine surgeries other than low transverse incision?
- Or any other condition that might threaten your baby or your life?
If you have answered no to all of these questions, we would be able to attend you in your birth needs. If you answered yes, we would need more information before registration. Complete the following pre-registration questionnaire:
Due to limited availability the pre registration fee of $350.00 insures your care with our midwifery team.
Please contact us for further information by email or phone if you need more personalized information for your current pregnancy.